The conclusion of the Maze will launch May 13. The final book ties book 1 and 2 into a long story arc with a wild finish. I didn't see it coming till I got there.
As mentioned in previous posts, book 3 brings characters into the arc from Foreverland, Halfskin and Socket Greeny. For fans of those stories, you get a peek at Danny Boy, Cyn, Reed, Lucinda, Cali and Streeter in their later years.
Further down the road, I will bridge these trilogies into the Unreality Saga. But for now...
The Maze must end where there is no beginning.
Fans of Neuromancer, Inception, and the Matrix... the mind-bending conclusion of the Maze.
A name was tattooed on his finger.
Marcus woke in a cell. No memory of how he got there or what his name was. Just a tattoo. There were others like him. They called this place unreality. They told him this was where someone was hiding him.
Clues lead him on a journey in search of who he is, who he was, and why someone did this to him. Each time he finds someone connected to a mysterious symbol, something inconceivable happens. Something even the people who live in unreality can't explain.
Micah and the investors built the Maze, a massive alternate reality that feeds on the players who enter. But now someone is pursuing them. One by one, the investors begin to vanish.
When clues are left behind, Micah suspects who it is that’s taking them. It’s someone from a game played long ago and a promise she made. He believes she wants to avenge all those responsible for what they did to her. And her son. But she wants something much more than to destroy the Maze. He must stop her before all hope is lost. He thought she was dead. But he was wrong.
She was only waiting.
REVIEWS FOR THE MAZE
- “I’m going to have to read every other book and short story he has written.”
- “Very well written and the characters are amazing. It will make question your reality.”
- “…masterfully brings together at the end”
- “This book is one craziness of a ride.”
- “Best book ever!”
- “Well worth reading, difficult to put down.”
- “If you’ve not yet read any of Bertauski’s books, this is a superb one to start with!”
- “This book is brilliant!”
- “Bertauski has done it again!! I’m afraid to watch video games or use virtual reality now.”